Answered

Google "Shared Drive" integration issue

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi There,

I am trying to attach files to my Miro boards from Google “Shared Drive” folders, but Miro does not see the folders within the shared drive, only files in the parent shared drive itself. 

Is anyone having this problem and have a work around?

Thanks

Paul.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 3 November 2020, 17:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Young - If you are referring to the following window that opens when you select upload → Google Drive, then no there is no way that I know of to browse/view your Google Drive in the way that you do when you are at the Google Drive website. This window is quite limited and not user friendly. It is owned by Google Drive and doesn’t appear to have been updated in years. You would need to reach out to Google and give them your feedback.

As for finding the files you are looking for, you will likely just need to search for the file you are looking for. You can also ‘sort of’ see folders by filtering in the search box:

Thanks Robert,

Actually, it is even a bit more complicated than that as I have a GSuite enterprise account with our business and Google “Shared Drives” which are different to regular google folders, which appear on top next to the Google drive heading you show above.

So more complicated again, I shall investigate further!

Paul.