Answered

Give invitees their own boards

• 30 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Team, 

This seems like a very basic question but I just can’t find the answer, I am currently on the free plan and inviting people to collaborate all over our business as we go through the very lengthy and red taped filled process of building a business case to purchase. 

As these people are loving what they are seeing they are wanting to get their own free account to play with but I can not find a way for them to do that as their email addresses are already registered. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 30 July 2020, 06:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jessie It has been years since I created my Free Plan team, so I just completed a test of having a friend finally create their first Miro account.

Every Miro account holder can create a Free Plan team. I just replicated what I believe is your scenario and will walk you through what I did and show you what my friend is now seeing in their Miro Dashboard.

1. I logged into my free plan and clicked + Invite members” at the top-right corner.
  2. I entered their Gmail address.
  3. They received the email and accepted the invitation which took them to Miro’s site and asked they to create an account.
  4. Once they had created their account, they were taken to their Dashboard (miro.com/app/dashboard) where they were now a member of my team and could see all of the boards.
  5. From here, because they were part of a team that someone else had created, they could create their own team using the “+” symbol of the left pane of the dashboard, located directly under my team’s icon:

If they have two team icons already and no “+” symbol, and one of those teams is definitely the team that you created, there are a few possibilities:

1. They created the other team.
  2. They are a team member of two teams of which they didn’t create and the fact that there is no “+” to create another team is possibly a bug.

There are surely other, more edge case reasons, but I won’t even speculate as to what they could be.

Determining if you are the owner of a Team

If they don’t have the “+” symbol and want to see their status on that team, for each team in their dashboard, they can

1. Click on the team.
  2. Click the team Settings button (top-left of dashboard with settings cog to the left of the team name) - this will take them to the Team profile page.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the Team profile page where they should see at least one of three options:
    1. Leave team - they did not create the team and were invited to it (or maybe they did create it at some point in time, left it--giving ownership to someone else--and were later invited back - I presume not very likely in your case...)
    2. Delete team - they created this team and there are no other members on the team, other wise they would have an additional option of:
    3. Delete team or Leave team - they created the team, invited others to this team, and now they can Leave OR Delete the team.

I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1

@Rob Johnson 

Thank you so much for your response. I ma not sure why but when we attempted that they were only able to create a team as part of upgrading to a paid account. 

I was able to solve the issue by removing them from my team, once that occurred they were able to view their own free boards and I then re-invited them to my team.