Fullscreen Laggy on PC

• 3 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Miro is absolutely fantastic in every regard, the only issue that I’ve come across is that switching to fullscreen (bottom right) makes the app really laggy on PC. It’s completely fine on the same board without the fullscreen, but as soon as I switch, it lags a lot. I havent found anything on this issue on the internet, is this just a unique issue I have? I did reset application data, but it didnt change a thing. Probably related to the nature of the app (JavaScript, electron or whatever it uses)

I think it’s cleaner to work in Miro with fullscreen (no taskbar, no top bar), but currently it’s just too laggy for me. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Fmax 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

Well, I haven’t faced this issue with the Miro app but I have faced this issue with the browser a couple of months ago!

If you want you can contact support team https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fmax -

How are you accessing Miro? If you are doing so via a web browser, can you try via the desktop app and see if you get the same behavior. Does it happen with just one board or all boards?

Kiron

Oh sorry, should have mentioned that. I’m using the desktop app, and that’s why it was kind of surprising that this specific issue exists. It happens on every board. Even when I’m drawing it lags a lot. 

It could just be some weird fullscreen hardware acceleration thing or a obscure Windows / Driver setting that interacts with fullscreen in a bad manner. But yeah, if I find a fix I’ll post it here, maybe it’s just an issue on my machine. 

edit: I tested it in the browser and it does not lag there. So it is only the desktop app that lags like that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fmax -

Can you ask a colleague or are you able to try using the desktop app from a different machine to see if the behavior can be reproduced elsewhere? If not, it is likely system configuration-specific to your machine.

Kiron