Full member is not recognised by new team

• 2 September 2020
  • 14 replies

a team member can’t be invited/recognised as a full member to another team. 
because of this the amount of boards he can access is limited, how can this account be recognised as a full member?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@bert stoffels I think that some more information could help us all to better understand your scenario.

Some questions I immediately have:

• What type of plan are you trying to invite this team member to? Free/Consultant/Team/Business/Enterprise/Education?
  • If it is a paid plan to which this member is trying to be invited to,
    • who is trying to invite them? Are they an admin of the team?
    • What type or role/license are you trying to assign to this member?
  • Is this team member currently a member of another paid team, Free Plan team, or both?
  • Is someone trying to add him at the team, board, or project level?

hi @Rob Johnson , thanks for your answer

our office has a consultant plan for four accounts

the inviter of another office is not the admin but the role of the invited person should be to collaborate and edit in different boards 

it could be that this account is still member of a free plan team and paid team, i need to check this. 

another office’s member wants to invite our office to collaborate on project level but cannot invite our office as full members. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale & @Simon.Harris - you’re both more experienced Consultant Plan administrators. Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bert stoffels -

when you say the inviter is from another office, I’m assuming they are on a different Miro plan than your four account consultant plan? If so, do you know what type of plan they are on? If it is a paid plan but they have no “full access” licenses left, then that would explain why they can’t add one of your team members to their account with full access.

Kiron

hi kiron, thanks for your answer. seems my question was related to the one of @Petar Petricevic 

their office is indeed on a business plan. is there a way how we could get acces as consultant to their team? 

bert

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bert stoffels -

they can certainly add you as a full access user to their team, but to do this they would need to have a spare license available - that might be what is preventing them from adding you…

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale thank you for this answer.

apparently seperate from this issue discussed before, this other team doesn’t recognise some of our team members as fully licensed members. Although within our office miro settings they are notified as fully licensed member they can only be given acces to a couple of boards, as if being a free member. 
Is this also because of being on consultant plan vs business plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bert stoffels -

the user access level (e.g. full vs. view only vs. commenter) is set at the team, project or board-level and doesn’t carry over across teams. So the admin for the other team would have to add your team members to their team with full access for them to receive these privileges.

Kiron

dear kiron, 

it seems that I can be added to the team, since i am recognised as full member.  the others though are seen as occasional users altough they are also on a consultant plan as well. how could we change this?

thanks already

Userlevel 5
Badge

What does it mean when I have someone in my team list shown as a “non-team user” with a flame next to their name?

I have a few guest contributors but none of them are listed this way. Why is this one person designated in this unique way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bert stoffels - the admin for the other team would need to add those users with full access (i.e. permanent users) as opposed to via a day pass which is what an occasional user would be. 

@Brian Fulghum - this help center article provides more details about access levels including non-team users: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571514-Account-Access-Levels

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brian Fulghum - From a search of "non-team user" in the help center, it would seem that they were added as an Occasional license consumer at the board level. Have a look here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571514-Account-Access-Levels

UPDATE: What @Kiron Bondale said 😉

@Kiron Bondale, I am the IT Admin of the other office @bert stoffels is mentioning. We are too on Consultant plan, not a Business plan. And it seems we assigned a full license to @bert stoffels

So, we need to assign full licenses to the users of @bert stoffels office and pay 2 times for a full license? Because they already have there own Consultant plan license?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Piet Geirnaert - 

Correct - even if it is the same “real” person and they are already paid for in a separate Miro account, if you want them to have full access to boards in your account you’d need to pay for them separately, either using day passes or as a full access (i.e. persistent) user unless you are okay with them using the anonymous guest editor access approach with its limitations.

Kiron