Frozen element on my board - cant edit or delete, nothing!

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I am not sure what I have done but there is a text box on my board that is now un-selectable, unmovable, un-deletable and has changed formatting.

It now has a small tab in the bottom right hand corner with my name on - the grey rectangle below

Can anyone tell me what is is and how I can delete it?

Here’s hoping!

Tim

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tim Frenneaux - While "Tim" was editing the object, a lock was put on it and if Tim still has the board open, or has closed the board, the lock has failed to have been deleted.

If you are the board owner, go into the Share settings and set the Team and "Anyone"/public access to "No access" and them change them back to their previous state. This should hopefully clear any locks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim Frenneaux -

You could also try logging out of Miro and then logging back in and accessing the board again. AS @Robert Johnson has indicated, it looks like Miro thinks the object is locked by you…

Kiron

Hi there, I’m having the same issue—five items, all added by the same user, are totally frozen on my board. I can’t select them, and neither can she. We both tried logging out and in again, and I closed and then reopened all permissions to access the board. I tried resetting the application data under the Help menu. I duplicated the board, but the objects are still there, and still frozen on the duplicate. 

… Do I have to just copy each item on this board to another blank board???

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Raj -

That sounds like there is some corrupt data in the board. Perhaps a sync operation failed while the user had those items locked for editing. One thing you could try is to backup the board to a local RTB file and then restore it as that might ignore any object locks.

If that doesn’t work, the Miro support is likely your best bet. You can contact them here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron