Frame Export possibility for Guests

• 1 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a Consultant Account and often invite customers to work on a board with me.

Customers who access the board via link with editor rights cannot export frames as an image, but this would be very useful => is there a possibility to give guests this right?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Tibor!

Thank you for your message! We’re really sorry you had to wait for a reply for so long!

Sadly, any type of export (of the board or a frame as image, PDF, template or spreadsheet) is not possible for visitors. Visitors are invited to a board via a public link. This is to do with the fact that these users don’t have a registered profile which results in technical limitations. You can find the full list of limitations for visitors here

As a workaround I would like to suggest to you to invite users as guests as they are not subject to the same limitations.  

I’m sorry I cannot help you better but hopefully at least this clarifies a few things!

Happy whiteboarding!:pencil2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tibor Koromzay - A note on allowing Guests to copy/download content: You will need to ensure “anyone with the board access”, i.e., non-team members can copy content via the Board content settings.

While we’re on the topic, here is a post where I detail the steps on how to share an entire board with another registered Miro user - even a Free Plan user:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/handing-over-a-board-to-a-client-5661?postid=23726#post23726

Thank you both, very helpful :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

As usual, Robert is right, of course! Thank you for this very valid point!:bulb:

@Tibor Koromzay - A note on allowing Guests to copy/download content: You will need to ensure “anyone with the board access”, i.e., non-team members can copy content via the Board content settings.

While we’re on the topic, here is a post where I detail the steps on how to share an entire board with another registered Miro user - even a Free Plan user:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/handing-over-a-board-to-a-client-5661?postid=23726#post23726

This is not possible anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mads Pålsrud - If you are not seeing the Anyone with the board access option, then a Company or Team Admin will need to configure your team’s permissions to allow copying for those outside of the team - more on this here: