Formatting text in community posts is BROKEN on mobile :(((

• 11 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Why are there fewer formatting options in the text editor on mobile than on desktop in the Miro community? No blockquotes, no bullet points… 😞

I guess it has to do with the text editor provided by Insided not being up to par with modern standards. Damn you Insided!

PS. I tried markdown for blockquotes, it didn't work.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It has been lame for years. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

… It’s like you’re hammering on a closed door and no one is listening … because of the people who are deciding are sitting somewhere in their castle and taking a big dinner while others hammering and raising their voices but their voices not getting heard … just look at the wish list and look on the dates of their first creation …

Instead of answering to the people in front of the door the dining people shouting:

Build up the Miroverse … Build up the Community

The Community is the key to everything - Hail to the Community … Hail to Miroverse ...:tada::sparkles::champagne_glass:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32?sort=votes.desc

Hail to the Community … Hail … Hail

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mlanders A wish list is just that – a wish list. Not a list of demands to tick off. Just take a look at most of those posts; people are screaming from the top of their lungs about how their particular idea is a “showstopper” that is “keeping them from migrating to Miro” or “making them consider leaving Miro.”

Being a product manager myself, I don’t envy the ones in charge of prioritizing new features and development of the Miro platform. A bit of empathy and humility is on top of my wish list for the people in this community.

“It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Henrik Ståhl :

I argued myself against an harsh tone when it comes to wishes in  the wishlist:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/to-the-general-tone-of-some-postings-wishlist-wishes-4860

But this wishlist with it’s intro:

https://community.miro.com/community-welcome-guide-14/wish-list-everything-you-need-to-know-1099

supports the idea:

“Hey, I have an influence how miro is build”

I even have an influence that one of the idea gets delivered ...

At the beginning of this Community (I was a part of it since it’s birth) this was exactly the way.

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/password-protected-public-boards-350

and as you can see:

Some official (in this case) @Timm Shrago responded to this wish…

This was long time ago … 

@this Time … the Wishlist has grown and grown … wishes where not supported anymore from miro … this is how it seems 

because even the biggest wishes getting no word from someone official … where is the empathy from miro to over 900 people with their wish (f.e. only  the Dark mode)… a single sentence would be enough:

“At this time we are prioritzing other things but we see this wish - thank you for supporting miro”

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mlanders I still think people need to be reminded of the simple fact that they are ideas in a wish list. The post you're linking to says nothing about every single idea being “delivered,” or even ideas with hundreds of upvotes. It simple says that you can upvotes ideas and that an idea has two statuses.

Given the harsh tone in many of those posts, I wouldn't want to show my face around as an official Mironeer either. It's too toxic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Henrik Ståhl :

But this upvote does something with your expectation - it is a clear psychological fact …

And the words of this site leading in one direction:

5. What statuses are there and what do they mean?

We have two statuses for ideas:

:new:  Idea - the idea has been submitted. Vote and comment to support the idea. 

:tada:  Delivered - you can enjoy a new feature in Miro! 

6. When will the idea be implemented?

Miro product team is keeping a close eye on the Community Wish List. Here are a few examples of the features from this list that shipped in the past few months:

YOU as a part of this Community have an influence of how miro is - It is readable

“Miro product team is keeping a close eye ...”

and adding two examples supporting this expectation

That is what every sentence in No 6 does … 

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mlanders "Keeping a close eye” means they're looking at the wish list for inspiration. It's not a product backlog…

Again, some humility would be nice. 🙂