Flowchart narrative

Hello, I am a narrative designer, it is very important for me to quickly create shapes and non-linear diagrams. In MS Viso, this can be done with a couple of clicks if you move the mouse cursor to the point (picture 1). There are problems with this in Miro: firstly, the duplicate figure is at a great distance from the original, and secondly, you cannot choose a different shape (picture 2). For example, I want a triangle to appear after the rectangle. Or, I want a red rectangle to appear after the blue rectangle. But I can not. Help me please. Thanks

3 replies

the best community in the world

Userlevel 2

Hi Amadeus!

Thanks for your questions and feedback! I’ll pass it to the responsible team :)

firstly, the duplicate figure is at a great distance from the original

At the moment, if you are using the Quick diagram creation functionality, the distance between the newly created objects is standard indeed. You can adjust the length of the connection lines manually, or you might use our pre-made Flowchart template, where the distance between two items is smaller.

and secondly, you cannot choose a different shape (picture 2). For example, I want a triangle to appear after the rectangle. Or, I want a red rectangle to appear after the blue rectangle.

By default, if there are no objects near the selected one, you will be suggested to create the same object linked to the chosen one. I’m afraid it is not possible to change the type of the object if you are using Flowchart items - for now, changing the object type is only possible for the standard shapes. As a workaround, you can drag different objects onto the board first and then connect them using the Quick diagram creation functionality:

Hope it helps! 

Wowww  good job