Flowchart - How do we resize shapes?

• 5 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m new and am trying to create a flowchart.  I would like to make the shapes larger to fit more text.  How do I resize the shapes?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tonya White - You should be able to select them all (left-click and drag to select) and then drag diagonally by one of the corners - I made the assumption that you were referring to the Flowchart Diagramming shapes, but this would work for other shapes too.

Note: You can drag up/down too, but hold the Shift key down to keep the object’s aspect ratio.

@Robert Johnson Thank you for the quick response.  Yes, I was referring to the Flow Chart Diagramming Shapes.  Is it possible to do for a single shape?  Not all of the text is displaying in some shapes and I’d like to increase the size of certain boxes to accommodate.  Also, I’m noticing that the shapes have a description such as the rectangle says “process” the shape next to it says “decision” - does it have an affect - do I need to be concerned about selecting certain shapes based on their description, or is it simply a shape?

What I’m creating I would like to later export as a pdf, so would the best way be to include notes separately from the flowchart?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tonya White 

Also, I’m noticing that the shapes have a description such as the rectangle says “process” the shape next to it says “decision” - does it have an affect - do I need to be concerned about selecting certain shapes based on their description, or is it simply a shape?

They are simply shapes - you can change the fill or border color, font type and size, etc.

What I’m creating I would like to later export as a pdf, so would the best way be to include notes separately from the flowchart?

You could either create a separate frame for all of your notes, or use the Visual Notes panel and export it - the upside of the notes panel are that it could always be open and visible no matter where you are on the board, but the downside is that you’d have to export it separately from the rest of the frames.