Skip to main content
Question

Fix Image Replacement Positioning Issue

• 14 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When I replace from device an image of the same size in a cropped image, the new image doesn't align to the previous position as it used to. Now, the new image is centered, which forces me to readjust the position every time. Please revert to the old behavior where the new image would follow the positioning of the previous image

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manuela.crippa - Two questions:

1. Did this just start happening in the last few days?
  2. And do you have “Snap to grid” enabled under the board Main menu → View → Grid?

If so, I suspect this may be related to a recent change with the snap to grid functionality. Maybe have a read through this post and leave your comments there if you believe the change is impacting you:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/did-they-just-change-the-size-of-the-grid-16712

Badge

Hi Robert, thank you for your response.

1. I've been using Miro for several years, and this issue started recently, not just in the past few days, but perhaps around November last year (I have it noted here).
  1. I didn't have "Snap to grid" enabled, as I don't usually work with a defined grid size. I tried enabling it to test, but the error persists, so I don't think that's the cause.

I believe my issue started when they introduced "replace from board." Since then, it seems "replace from device" has been replaced with "upload from device." I suspect that Miro treats it as an entirely new image, discarding all previous cropping and positioning settings, even if it's exactly the same size as the previous one. This significantly slows down my workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manuela.crippa - Thanks for the additional context. I am still having trouble translating the textual steps into visual ones – not only because I am visual thinker, but also because I very rarely use the replace image functionality.

Do you have a paid Miro subscription? If so, you could send this directly to the support team for review, who could then forward to a product team to determine if it is expected behaviour or perhaps a bug. If you have a paid subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

In an effort to help everyone understand the issue, it could help if you were able to make a quick screen recording of the issue. e.g., Loom is free and quite easy to use and share a video. You don’t need to have a webcam on, but recording your voice as you walk through the steps would surely help.