Skip to main content

We have formed a new project team with people from a client and people from my company. Next week will be our first retrospective and I would like to do a Mission Workshop. Which templates do you recommend? Or maybe you have other ideas what team-building first retro I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Marina

Hi @agile_mari 

Welcome to the Community, and congratulations on forming your new project team!

For a first retrospective, especially with a mix of client and company members, a Mission Workshop is a great idea. It helps set a clear direction and align everyone on shared goals. Miro has several templates that could work well for this:

1. Team Charter Template - This can help the team define its mission, values, and ways of working together.
  2. Project Canvas Template - Useful for aligning on project goals, key deliverables, and responsibilities.
  3. SWOT Analysis - A good way to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within the team and project.

Another idea is to start with a Team Building Retrospective. You could use a Sailboat Retrospective or Midnight Sailboat Retrospective template to visualize the team's goals, challenges, and supporting factors. This can help the team build rapport while discussing what's needed to achieve your mission.

Feel free to explore these templates in Miro, and adjust them to fit your team’s needs. Best of luck with your first retrospective!