Answered

Finding out Miro board file size

• 20 May 2021
  • 4 replies

How / where do I find out the file size of my miro boards?  Do I have to create the backup file and look at the size of the backup or is there a way in the browser or app interface to easilysee how big the file is?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 20 May 2021, 14:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sam Long - Downloading the board as a .rtb backup file is the only way that I am aware of.

Out of curiosity, why are looking to know this specific information about a board?

Hi @Robert Johnson I’m not the board owner, but I am an Admin ‘looking after’ the board, and I want to know if we’re nearing the ‘maximum file size’ to minimise any risk of performance issues using the board and the limit of being able to backup ourself...does that make sense?  Risk mitigation - keeping an eye on it! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sam Long - Yes, that does makes sense - thanks for the context.

For everyone reading, while users should be able to download a board of any size, according to the Board Backup Help Center article, only board backup files of 200 MB or less can be uploaded/restored through the Miro interface:

@Sam Long - You may want to explore using the Miro Developer Platform's REST API to automatically get the information you are looking for (and more). You could post in the Developer Platform and APIs category or maybe even start by asking your question in the following post which is very recent recent and even had Miro's Developer Relations Lead replying to the post:

https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/board-backup-export-import-rest-integration-4759

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sam Long -

Beyond board size, the type of objects and number of objects will also affect performance. You can do a select all and use the filter dialog to get a quick view of how many objects are in use on a given board…Kiron