Answered

Exporting Cards within a Frame

• 13 July 2021
  • 7 replies

I have created a set of cards within a frame to group these together. When I export a single card, or multiple cards to csv it is correctly separated (Title, Description, URL, Tag, Assignee, Due Date) leaving gaps when there is missing data. However when I export a group of cards within a frame gaps in data are ignored and the data is presented based on what is there. For example

Title, Description, Tag, Assignee, Due Date

Title, Tag, Due Date

This causes a problem with the CSV as the data is not in the correct columns.

Any thoughts/advice/help?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 July 2021, 16:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Fitch - I am unable to recreate this, however, I do not know all of your parameters.

For example:

• Are you using a browser, if so, which one/version?
    • Or are you using a Miro desktop app?
  • What OS?
  • “when I export a group of cards within a frame”
    • Are the Cards themselves grouped together, or are you just referring to multiple selected Cards?
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Fitch - It may also be helpful--for the community, and support if a ticket is created--if you could spin up test board where you can recreate the issue. If you could then could put the board in “Anyone with the link → Can view” mode and ensure that the Board Content Settings are set to allow copying for  “Anyone with the board access”, then the board can be duplicated/copied for further testing.

Thanks @Robert Johnson 

Below I have attached a screen view of what I have set up. Further details as requested:

• I am using a browser view in MS Edge (91.0.864.67) on Windows 10
  • The cards are not grouped but placed within a frame (as per the screenshot)

I will also look to set up a test board and add a link today

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Fitch - I see the same thing as you now.

when I export a group of cards within a frame

There are two ways to do this:

1. Select the cards within the frame and Export to CSV (excel)
  2. Select the frame and Export to CSV (excel)

When I use method #2, I am seeing the issue you are describing - was this how you were exporting?

My cards:

When I export using method #1:

When I export using method #2 (the frame itself):

Next I added a sticky note (with a tag) and I get:

Given that the frame export-to-CSV action will include multiple object types that do not have the same data structure, its hard to say is this is actually a bug or or by design.

But let’s ask Miro support - I will create a support ticket and update this post with what they tell me.

In the meantime, just select the Cards and then export.

Tip → Use the Shift + drag  shortcut to multi-select:

Many thanks @Robert Johnson  Appreciate your support

Regards

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

I have replicated the same behaviour on my side and passed the case to our engineers for further investigation - please, be assured that we will get back to you with updates as soon as there are any comments from the team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 - Answer from Miro support.

We've got a reply from our developers and they have confirmed that this behaviour was done by design - this was made with the intention to avoid confusion of having empty fields when exporting Frames as CSV files (since they can include multiple object types with different data structure, as you've correctly guessed).