Export of grid with multiple cards in one cell (CSV)

• 1 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!
I have an issue when trying to export a grid, which contains cards in its cells. Maybe someone had the same issue and can help me out.

Just as a brief description on the grids structure:
The grid uses company departments as rows and work stages as columns. The cells contain cards with specific information in them.
So you might have a 7x7 board resulting in 49 cells. Some of them contain one card, some two cards and others no card at all.

The problem I am currently facing is, that the CSV export brakes as soon as I have two or more cards in one cell. The card then isn’t exported as a card in its respective cell, but as an additional row.
This obviously messes with the whole export and is kind of time consuming when fixed “by hand” in MS Excel.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Marina 3 years ago

Hi @Sebb,

Is it still happening? We tested this flow, and the export looks fine - both cards are in one spreadsheet cell, no additional row.

If the issue is still there, I’d suggest reaching out to the Support team and sharing the board in question with them. Maybe your board setup is a bit different, and smth else matters here.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sebb,

Is it still happening? We tested this flow, and the export looks fine - both cards are in one spreadsheet cell, no additional row.

If the issue is still there, I’d suggest reaching out to the Support team and sharing the board in question with them. Maybe your board setup is a bit different, and smth else matters here.