Skip to main content
Answered

Excel comments uploading onto 1 sticky note only!

• 3 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello, 

Could you please help me understand why when i cut and paste from excel that all my comments are coming up onto 1 sticky? I have the comments all in separate cells. i am following directions for uploading onto Miro… thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yvette Ladzinski I do not see any mention in Miro’s help articles that of Excel’s cell comments would even be copied over into a board. I have many questions:

1. What version of Excel are you using?
  2. What is is the Excel file extension - .xlsx?
  3. You are doing a Copy or Cut and Paste?
  4. Does this happen for all Excel files with comments? Have you tried another Excel file?
  5. Are you doing this in a browser or using a Miro desktop app?
  6. Which instructions are you following? The ones in this help article: Sticky Notes?
  7. Are you able to reproduce this with a test spreadsheet, with just a few cells with comments in them and share before and after screenshots here for us to see?

Hello I’m using version 1907

yes file extension is .xtsx

i’m using copy

i’ve tried another excel file

I’ve tried both browser and desktop app

I’m following those instructions - it ends up creating one sticky and then just pasting the whole thing onto that sticky - in the past the bulk cmments upload has worked easily so i don’t ge tit. I have shut down computer etc

Tried to upload pics but now it won’t even give me a sticky note - it’s coming up in a text box (even though i am clicking on the sticky note icon in the side bar)… 

It just started working without me doing anything different but just trying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over… took 2 hours to get working. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yvette Ladzinski - Sometimes there are just ‘glitches’ - I’m glad to hear that it’s working for you now!

Userlevel 4

It just started working without me doing anything different but just trying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over… took 2 hours to get working. Thanks

Did you really mean “comments”? - I don’t get comments carried across JUST cell content

in the browser I get a pop-up message that context menu paste does not work only Ctrl-V

Cut n paste seems to continue to be a topic of discussion - gnarlie code maybe?

I also get zoomed to a magnification level I hadn’t set myself rather than legible results at current magnification

and if i use grid layout on what I pasted then more often than not the formatting bar opens ontop of the icon for the grid 

I have had Miro require  several repeats to do something it used to do and before it will do it again -

A reliable UI is important - imho

Is it possible to copy and paste rows from Excel as a shape other than stickies?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KMamer - You can only paste Excel cells as sticky notes. However, after you paste the Excel data, you can switch the type to other shapes as follows (I’ll make them circles):