Error Message 'Access Revoked'

I am getting this message:

“Access Revoked. Another user has removed you from the board “X”. “

I am the only user. 

I looked up revoked in the search and nothing came up. 

What might be going on?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The only reason you should get this message is if either you removed yourself from being able to access the board OR if someone else stopped sharing the board with you…

Kiron

Thanks Kiron,

That is logical. I am a one-person shop.

I wouldn’t remove myself on purpose. So, how would I do that accidentally? is there a way to reinstate myself or a user?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Steve Hagler,

That’s strange how you got a message like that if you’re the only user. Perhaps you were part of someone else’s team?

Can you think back to when you got this message, and what you might have done that caused this message to show up?

Something you can do is go to your Team Settings and click the Active users list. From there, you could try inviting yourself again and see if that does anything.

Michael Sohn

HI Michael,

I signed up back in Jan/Feb. I haven’t logged in for a while but did yesterday and that is the error I get. I tried signing out, went incognito. 

I am the only user/admin. I tried to revoke myself but the system won’t let me… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steve Hagler -

this sounds like a mission for Miro support to investigate and resolve - go ahead and open a support ticket here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thanks. Will do. 

Steve

Userlevel 4

Hi @Steve Hagler,

Yeah, I would suggest reaching out to support and see what they can do to get this sorted out!

Michael Sohn

@Michael Sohn Thanks, they seem backed up so was hoping for a shortcut. Appreciate your help. 

Steve

Hi, Steve. Did you get this resolved? I’m experiencing a similar thing.

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have the same problem as Steve. Whenever I try to open a board I get the message  ”Access revoked”. I am guessing that I have been kicked out since I have been using the free version for a long time. How do I know if I have been kicked out? If I may still use Miro for free, how do I get access to my boards? 

Best,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Daniel Nordlander -

Generally, the only way you’d get access revoked is if the share settings for a board have changed to remove you. If you were the sole owner and user of the board and hadn’t shared it with anyone, you should never have been in this position.

Does anyone else have access to the team which you free account is associated with?

Kiron

Thank you for your reply. I have the same problem for all my boards. The boards I have shared, my own boards, and I also get the same response ”Access revoked” when I try to open up a new board.

Daniel

Jumping on this thread as I too find myself in this position.  I’m the only licensed user and all of a sudden all of my boards are presenting this error.  Any idea how this can be resolved?

Thanks in advance

Sally