Skip to main content

For some reasons emojis from me are randomly added to both mine and others sticky notes.

How can I turn this off?

Hi @Christian Olsson 

Thanks for bringing this up! Just to clarify, are the emojis being added immediately when you create the sticky notes, or are they appearing after some other action, like typing or collaborating with others? This will help in figuring out the cause and the best way to resolve it. Also, is this happening on other boards as well? or is this happening in the current board you are working on? Could you please share a short video demonstrating this?

Thank you Eca for responding.

I guess it’s immediately but I’m not certain. I have only worked on one board.

Sorry I don’t have a video.

Do you have any idea on any thing I can try to fix this issue?

Hi @Christian Olsson 

This article describes several functions of the Sticky Notes, including adding/deleting emojis. Is it possible that you have the “emoji” button accidentally clicked on?

Keep in mind, it is possible that someone else with the board access is intentionally adding these emojis.

My first thought was to suggest that you check the Board history: Activity, however, the adding of emojis is not tracked. 

How can I see if it is clicked on?

And why would clicked on add it randomly to notes? 

No I don’t think it is someone else because it says my name.

@Christian Olsson

it is someone else because it says my name

If you are referring to the name at the bottom-left corner, i.e., the sticky “author” (seen below), this will not update when another user adds/removes an emoji.

No I think it is when you hover the emoji that the name is shown

To stop random emojis from being added to sticky notes, check the auto-suggestions or predictive text settings in your keyboard. Disable any emoji or autocorrect features that might insert them unintentionally. Also, review any sticky note app settings that might allow emoji shortcuts or reactions.

Thank you, @Jhonleo02 for this tip! 

Thank you for the keyboard suggestion.

However this is on Windows so I don’t think this is the source of the problem.

Also it randomly happens on other people’s notes so I’m not sure I pressed any keys.

Hi @Christian Olsson,

I just wanted to check in—has the issue with the random emojis on sticky notes been resolved for you?

If not, I recommend trying a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can narrow down the cause. You can follow the steps outlined in this article: How to troubleshoot and report a bug. These steps can help identify if there’s an issue with your current setup or any conflicts happening within the board.

Please feel free to share your findings, and we can explore further if needed.

Thank you for checking in.

No it is not resolved. Thanks for all the suggestions but I don’t think any of these are correct.

Is there any way to reset all the settings on my account?

(Also I cannot share the board because it is work.)

Hi @Christian Olsson,

Currently, there is no direct wy to reset all settings on your account, but you can always customize your profile in the profile settings. 

Since the issue persists, I’ll convert your post to a support ticket for further investigation. Please check your inbox for their response.

Thank you