Embed - function with education licence

• 29 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there

I tried embed a board to Howspace, but it dind’t work even i followed Miro’s guidelines. I was wondering now can i even do it with the education license?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Leena MarkietMarkiet - According to the How to embed editable boards into websites Help Center article, the embed feature is available in all Miro plans:

I will assume that you have gone through the board Export menu and then to Embed, but can you tell us exactly what steps you have taken after that and what exactly is happening when you embed the code into the external website?

I should also note that just because the source website allows for embedding, the destination website may not allow embedded websites to be displayed - you may also need to contact Howspace for help.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I figured that it’s working with Firefox but not with Chrome, so it must be in the browser settings but I haven’t figured out what i need to change to make it work...

..Also it doesn’t work with Edge. Does anyone have idea why is this so..? It’s kind of useless then if it doesn’t show it with every browser...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I figured that it’s working with Firefox but not with Chrome, so it must be in the browser settings but I haven’t figured out what i need to change to make it work...

I tested both Free navigation* and Presentation embed code in Chrome and Edge and it is working for me:

*Free in this context is referring to moving around the board freely and not free vs. paid. 

My test embeds:

https://sites.google.com/view/realrobertjohnson/embed-test

What happens if you try a Chrome Incognito window, or Edge InPrivate window? (This should disable all browser extensions.)

If you wanted to rule out Firefox/Edge/Howspace as the issue, you could create a test Miro board and if possible, as test Howspace page and share a link here and I can try it and and share the results.

Hi

Doesn’t work with incognito mode either with Edge and Chrome, at least with my computer...

Maybe It’s a Howspace issue then, but strange that it works with Firefox though and they do allow Iframe and 3rd party embedding….

<iframe width="768" height="432" src="https://miro.com/app/live-embed/uXjVOY_CmqQ=/?moveToViewport=-726,-419,1645,773" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Leena Markiet - Yes, this is strange. The iframe code you included does work for me in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge when embedding in a Google Site.

One last question I have is have you tried viewing in Chrome and Edge from another computer?

Other than that, you may want to reach out to Howspace and include Miro’s iframe code, your Howspace page, and even an example of Miro’s iframe code working in another site, e.g., Google Sites is free and is what I have used here: https://sites.google.com/view/realrobertjohnson/embed-test