Embed a UXPIN simulation preview into a MIRO Board?

• 22 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Has anyone successfully found a way to embed a UXPIN simulation preview into a MIRO Board?

I’ve tried the instructions to use an iframe embed here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-Media-to-Boards?backUrl=%2Fmarketplace%2F%3Futm_source%3Dapp-profile-menu

But all that results in is a frame on the MIRO Board that literally just says “UXPIN PREVIEW” but doesn’t show the preview in the board.

We want to be able to actually see the embedded UXPin Simulation in the context of the MIRO board.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ben Shectman - This behaviour you are describing is as outlined in the Embedding Media to Boards Help Center article that you have referenced:

Once you click on the newly embed site’s thumbnail, it is either going to open in a modal window, e.g., I embedded google.com:

Or it may open right in the board - I believe this expedience is a mix of work that Miro has done to enhance the embed experience based upon popular sites (see a list in the Help Center article) and also the capabilities of the source site.

E.g., I embedded a YouTube video link and it appears to play right in the board (NOTE: Only the person activating the embedded content will see it and it is an external connection, unique to the board participant who clicked on it):

Thanks, @Robert Johnson , I appreciate your note, but the point of my original post is that the behavior described isn’t the behavior desired.  

Our need is to see the UXPIN Preview page embedded in the board - or at least the thumbnail of the page.  Neither of those things seem to be possible following the instructions of the article.

Wondering if anyone has had any success with some alternative approach.