Answered

Editing Jira cards with Edit icon: How can I customize the fiields

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Editing Jira cards with the Edit icon what determines the fields that can be edited and can it be customized?

Currently some fields are shown, that we never use, while certain fields we do use cannot be editted not even if we confige them to show on the card.

This does not seem logical and I was wondering if Miro reads the fields from some definition in  JIRA.

Perhaps somebody can help me out here?

icon

Best answer by Anton Kuksin 17 December 2020, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @Bert de Swart,

In short, on the Miro side in the Jira Card editing window, we try to approximate the native Jira issue editing window as much as possible in terms of the list of fields.

The Screen entity in Jira determines the set of fields you see in the native Jira edit window. By changing the available fields in Screen, you will also define the set of fields in the Miro editing form.

In Jira go to Project settings > Screens > Default Screen Scheme and check if the needed fields are allowed. 

:warning: Keep in mind, however, that we have not supported all the data types for editing. We have supported basic data types (strings, numbers, tags, lists, dates, etc.), but fields of advanced data types (color, multiple users, etc.) will not be available for editing.

Best,
Anton.