Answered

Easier way to give people in my MS Team edit access to a board embedded in our MS Team team?

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear Miro experts, 

My company’s MS Team has recently added Miro has an add-in. I have downloaded the application to MS Teams and set up my Miro profile. I have added Miro as a tab in an MS Team set up with my colleagues. 

However, I noticed that I had to click on the blue share button and individually enter the name of each individual I wanted to have access to it. I tried to enter the MS Team name and to use our distribution email list and every way I could think of. But in the end, I had to write in their name/email address - which is cumbersome when it’s a team of 15...and some other MS Teams are larger (!). 

Am I missing something? Is there an easier way to add a group of people to have edit access to a board? Why wouldn’t a board automatically be ‘editable’ to those in the MS Team if it’s in an MS Team? 

Very much appreciated! 

Milly

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 December 2020, 18:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Milada - The easiest way would be to turn on Anyone with the link → Can edit option in the share settings - this is called Guest Editor access. You can read more about this in the following Help Center article: Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors. You may also wish to add a password to the board.

While that will give people access to the board, from my limited understanding of the Microsoft Teams plugin, if people are accessing the board as guest editors, i.e., non-team members, they will not get notifications of any “@mentions” made within the Miro board, which appears to be one of the key reasons why someone would want to use the Miro MS Teams plugin. Perhaps someone else in the community will have some more information on this for you.

Thanks @Robert Johnson :)  

Appreciate the quick response! I took at look at the links and I wonder if my company has limited those sharing options? 

Attaching what I see when I click on the blue “share” button

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Milada - Hmmm. I suspect that your organization has the Miro Enterprise Plan and may have the advanced sharing policies configured in such a way that you are unable to share boards using these two options:

If so, you will need to reach out to whomever in your organization administers your Miro account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Milada - One way that may be easier to add a bunch of users to access a specific board(s), is to put the board(s) in to a project and then use the Add members option from there as it will give you checkboxes and search etc.:

Now you can easier share a board with a group of people by simply adding it to that project. You can also remove/add one person’s access by removing/adding them from the project.