Skip to main content

Dear Team Miro,

Could you please guide me on how to access the Miro board of an individual who previously worked with our company through a vendor company but is no longer associated with our company neither the vendor company is associated? We have edit rights of the board but are unable to download or dupe the board.

Is there any workaround for the same ?

Thanks Meghana

hi @Meghana ATHALYE 

According to this table in this Help Article, if you don’t have a Miro account, you’re not able to get the edit or download options. Is it possible to start a Miro account and get yourself added to this board with a Miro account? That could be a first step.

If you’re able to download the files (which this says you can), you could download, then re-upload to a new board that you control.

@Meghana ATHALYE - Aside from someone rejoining a team space and making sharing setting changes, your options now are for the board owner to either:

1. Download a board back up (.rtb) file and send it to you; or
  2. update the content copy permissions and set:

Who can copy board content → anyone with the board access

You can share the instructions with them here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018350399-How-to-allow-or-restrict-copying-and-exporting-boards-and-content 

With the content copy permissions set to the above, you could duplicate the board to your account.

For example, open this board and click on the board name and you will see a duplicate action:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kl4Sue4=/

Note: With both options, depending on the board owner’s subscription type/role, they could be blocked from completing either of the two steps I have outlined.

Dear @Robert Johnson ,

The issue is the owner of the board and his company have ended their contract with our company in April. We have link and password and edit access. However are still unable to duplicate the board.

Is there a solution to it?

Thanks & Regards,

Meghana

@Meghana ATHALYE - Everything is working as desinged. 

The only solution is for the board owner to make the required changes in order for you to copy or duplicate the board, as outlined in my previous reply.