Skip to main content

I have created a paid digital product and have used Miro to develop it. My question is regarding distribution of the board URL. 

• Is it free of charge for me to distribute this product / URL globally? I assume users can use the free or paid version of Miro. 
  • How do I create an access link that is read-only but they can save their own copy of the product/board and move around items on the board or delete items. 

Thank you for your support!

Hi @Jessica Sundstrom,

Thanks for reaching out!

To answer your first question, yes, it is free to distribute your product/URL globally as long as you share it via a public link. Users can access it as visitors, and there won't be any charges unless you add them as members of the team where the board is stored.

For your second question about creating an access link that is read-only but allows users to save their own copy and interact with the board:

If you want users to have editing rights on the board but restrict them from accessing other boards within the team, inviting them as visitors would be the best option. Visitors can view and edit the board, but won't have access to anything else in your team.

You can find more information on how to set this up in our help center here: Collaboration with Visitors.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. Great on question 1, on question two would it be possible for them to save their own version so they don’t make changes to the original version as it will be shared with others? 

Regards Jessica

Hi @Jessica Sundstrom ,

Thanks for following up!

Regarding your second question, there isn't a direct functionality that allows users to save their own version of the board while ensuring the original remains unchanged. However, this is a valuable idea! If you think this would be helpful, I encourage you to submit it to our Wishlist thread so our developers can consider adding it in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback, and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. Great on question 1, on question two would it be possible for them to save their own version so they don’t make changes to the original version as it will be shared with others? 

Regards Jessica

As long as the board’s Content copy permissions are configured to allow for Anyone with the board access, uses can open it, click on the board’s title/name, and use the Duplicate action to make a copy of the board to their own account.

This is essentially how all boards on the Miroverse site are configured. For example, here is a direct link to Hiro Studio’s Miro Orientation Cafe template on the Miroverse – you can open it in view-only mode, but made duplicate it to your own account by following the aforementioned steps:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVP5-p9p4=/