Question

Disable Jira sync for a single board

• 4 October 2023
  • 3 replies

We use the planner (program board) for our quarterly planning and the team augments with stickies & other things.  If we close a sprint after planning, it is automatically removed from the planner next time it syncs.  Is there a way to disable this for a single board?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cindi Taylor - The way it I understand Planner (Program Board) from the help center article, and from my own personal use, is that there is no option to control syncing at the board level, from either the Miro or Atlassian side.

Workarounds

I tried copying-pasting both an entire Planner board, and the Cards on their own, to see if I could break the link to Jira for these duplicates, but that didn’t work. I also checked to see if the “switch type” option appeared on the duplicate cards, e.g., to convert them to sticky notes – again, a no go.

I suppose your best bet would be a screenshot of the Planner board.

Wish List Idea Post

If this a feature you would like to see in the future, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Thanks Robert.  Appreciate the detail & effort.  I haven’t figured out how either 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cindi Taylor - For a more official answer, you could open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C