Dirt spots on sticky notes?

• 12 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello community,

since a few weeks I noticed that sticky notes contain little dots. I assume they shall be “dirt spots” to create a more realistic look of sticky notes? Just like the differences in the drop shadows?

Anyhow, these spots are only visible in Firefox. Using Chrome or Edge do not show any spots. All tested on Windows 10.

I find those dots confusing, I always think that my monitor is dirty. Can I turn this feature off? How?

Firefox:

Chrome:

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Holger Apfel - I am not seeing this in Firefox 120.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 11. Have you tried a private browser window (or disabling all browser extensions?). Also, are you on the last stable version of Firefox or some sort of beta/preview channel?

Hi @Robert Johnson 

right now I’m on my private PC with Windows 10 and Firefox Stable 120.0.1 (64-bit).

The initial post, including the screenshots, was made from my work laptop, also Windows 10 and most likley the same Firefox version, I have automatic updates active.

On both machines I can see the little dots.

Firefox private window: Black dots are present

Firefox regular window with all plugins disabled: Black dots are present

I also asked a colleague to check. She is running a MacBook and tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari and a few other browsers she got installed. She could not see any black dots in any browser.

I fiddled around a bit and got some new … information?
The “dirt spots” are only present on the “sticky note” type. If I switch the type to a different one, e.g. the plain square, no dots are visible. Switching back will also bring back the dots.

See the type icon in the top left of the screenshots:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Holger Apfel - Thanks for the additional information. As for sticky note appearing differently compared to shapes, this is expected as what makes Miro’s sticky notes appear life-like is some styling (I think even semi-transparent images - maybe PNGs). That aside, the dots are not normal.

I am not getting those on a Windows 10 machine either. I think at this point it could be related to your machine’s graphics (exactly, how, I am not sure as I am no computer scientist).

What happens if you toggle on/off hardware acceleration? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration

Miro Support

If you have a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I'm on Mac(s), have never seen those kind of dots in any browser. I agree with Robert, it could be related to your computer graphics.