Detect / Flag Duplicate Sticky Notes

• 16 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, i was wondering if there is a way to conveniently detect or flag duplicated sticky notes ?

i have stumbled upon cases in workshops that we just realised there are duplicate items mid-exercise, and since we have a large boards with hundreds of stickies, its quite hard for the facilitator to keep track of every stickies in the board. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rizkiyogas -

There is a beta feature called Clustering which is pretty close to this, but you still need to pick a sticky note to have it check for duplicate (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409706795410-Clustering-BETA-).

@Vlada, are you aware of any plans to enhance the Clustering capability when it is generally released to identify all sets of duplicates rather than having someone manually pick a sticky note first?

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Kiron Bondale, thanks for your question, let me share it with the team!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Kiron Bondale, the team doesn’t have immediate plans to implement this but this is something that they can consider in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vlada -

Thanks for looking into this! @rizkiyogas , you might want to add a wish list idea for this enhancement by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Hi there, I have a similar use case where I have sticky notes with multiple tags on them. I have used the clustering feature for tags which creates multiple of the same sticky note for each tag and puts it in the relevant group. This is all great, however when I’ve come later to add a bunch of new sticky notes in the board and use the clustering feature again, I’m selecting all the new post it notes as well as the old ones to group them together. This ends up just creating a duplicated mess of the existing sticky notes, which I then cannot de-duplicate.

It’s a shame, as Miro is so close to being a great tool for this kind of management but fails at the last hurdle.