Custom fields on a card

• 16 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I love the card functionality in Miro from a visual perspective: it shows the title and we can zoom into it for more detail. 

What I'm looking for is to be able to create custom fields for the details. Right now a card has a title, description, date and person. 

I'd like to be able to add custom fields to help users fill out the right information.

Currently the only way I know to do this is either a grouped template with text fields, but no matter how well I try to group and lock them, users always seem to be able to tear them apart so the template loses cohesion. Also having to click multiple times to actually add or edit text is not desirable.

The other way this could be done is by adding text in the description of a card such as below, but this is free format and can also be neglected or edited by users so it loses its structure.

Would it be possible to add fields to a card such as the ones below:

• Goal
  • Measure for business outcome
  • (Optional) Dependencies

Kiron Bondale 3 years ago

@Tim Wiegel -

There are a few wish list ideas already entered for enhancing the cards functionality, so I’d suggest searching through those and upvoting any which are relevant but if you can’t find an exact match for what you need, review the wish list guidelines here and add a new idea: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim Wiegel -

There are a few wish list ideas already entered for enhancing the cards functionality, so I’d suggest searching through those and upvoting any which are relevant but if you can’t find an exact match for what you need, review the wish list guidelines here and add a new idea: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron