Creating an A3 frame with precise dimensions, not just ration

• 17 October 2022
  • 10 replies

Is there a way to create a frame that measures the same as an A3? Not just the ratio but the length and width? It would really help when creating content in Miro with the purpose of using in hybrid workshops etc., when you want a (readable) physical copy of your miro-frame. 

Thanks!

10 replies

Hi Anna,

You don’t need to create frames with absolute printable dimensions. You create an A4 frame, then you do one of two things:

• If you already have content in your board then resize it (using the shift key to keep the aspect ration) to be big enough to fit all your content that you want to be printed.
  • Or, you just start off with you empty frame and zoom in to put things in it.

Then, in both scenarios, you export the frame as an image. If you choose Vector PDF then you can print that on A3 paper and make sure you scale to fit so that it fills the A3 sheet.

Why isn’t there an export option for A3! I am so frustrated. No matter what I did the pdf would not get exported in A3. I tried joining 2 A4 pdfs hoping it would work. I had to submit my class submisson with the wrong dimensions! I am never using this platform. Half of my class had to redo their work in another platform instead.

I agree… PLEASE enable A3 settings. This is too clunky!

Seriously, how is it possible that there is no way to set exact dimensions?

Userlevel 2
Badge

What is the Status of this basic feature request? 

Any updates on this feature request? @Bryan W 

Any update on this? This would be a great feature. 

Actually nothing yet @DoubleScoop . I needed to make A3 templates print out for an inperson workshop and wanted to design it in Miro.. But this was not possible. I ended up using google slides to create the templates and it was easy to print it out. 

So if this is what you are looking for, you can try it out

Yes, there is a way to create a frame in Miro that measures the same as an A3 paper size in both length and width. An A3 paper size typically measures 297 mm x 420 mm (11.7 inches x 16.5 inches). In Miro, you can create a frame by specifying the dimensions manually. Here's how you can do it same as I implemented on virtual office in Sydney

1. Open Miro and create a new board or open an existing one.
  2. Click on the "Frames" tool located on the left sidebar.
  3. Select the "Custom Size" option.
  4. Enter the dimensions for the frame. In this case, enter 297 mm for the width and 420 mm for the height.
  5. Click "Create" to generate the frame with the specified dimensions. 

Thanks for your response @TadeoMakai. Unfortunately, I don’t see any option to specify the dimensions of the frame when I create a custom frame - It only allows me to choose a predefined ratio, or click and drag the frame to resize it. Am I missing something here? (I am using the free version if that makes a difference). 

This is what I am seeing: https://www.loom.com/share/6acbe8c3c7f24dd1b449f3af9a891c9e?sid=dca10743-9033-4e58-95b2-d3d45166a831