Creating a jigsaw puzzle

• 4 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Good morning all,

I’m new to Miro, seeing massive opportunities to use it. 

I was looking how to create a jigsaw puzzle for presentation purposes. adding one topic per piece.

While searching for templates I didn’t find anything, so I turn to the expert - you all!

Is there a template or do you know how to create a jigsaw puzzle?

I created this once in powerpoint but was to cumbersome in timing and options.

thanks for any thought, help you can give (otherwise my weekend is covered ;) )

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rob Beekmans!

I'm not at a computer right now, but spontaneously I'm thinking that there might be jigsaw icons that could be used for this? 🤔

Otherwise they could be created “manually” by combining different shapes. It's really easy in Miro!

Can check in a few hours when I'm at a computer. 😊

Hi @Henrik Ståhl You are right.. I see to have missed that one (and it was impossible to miss)

I think I need to create them myself, combining shapes as I did in PP, the icons are pretty small and making them larger does seem to hurt the quality.

thanks for your help.. up to a weekend of Miro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rob Beekmans -

@Isman Tanuri had created a few a while back - here’s the thread: https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/jigsaw-puzzle-and-other-cool-miro-games-ideas-801

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale  Nice board, great tip! The pieces are PNG images though. Perfect for a digital static jigsaw, but in order to add dynamic content for the jigsaw pieces in Miro you'd still have to do them manually with shapes. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Rob Beekmans @Kiron Bondale I experimented a little bit in Miro and came up with this:

It was relatively simple!

I started off with creating a white shape as background. Then I created a yellow square with sharp edges, duplicated it and changed color to green, created a green oval shape, and put it on top of the green square. I then continued by duplicating the green oval shape and changing color to white, then placing it exactly underneath the green oval (making sure the green jigsaw piece was brought to front), and grouping the white oval with the yellow square.

Here’s a part of the process in action:

Not perfect, but it was a fun experiment! :star2: