Question

Create a free team

• 29 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m a game designer and I want to use miro because I’m stating to go freelance. I use it with other studio I work with and it works like a charm but I can’t create my own free team right now.
I saw that for me to create my own free team (I have no money to put in miro atm), I would have to quit all teams I’m in. But I don’t want that, I’m working with these studios AND I want my own free team that I might expand later if I can afford it.

Why can’t I do that ?

I saw a lot of people complaining about that, complaining about the pushy way to make people pay and I don’t have an issue with have something paid, I just don’t understand the false publicity about free account and use of miro. At the moment I can’t, so maybe if you fix this issue I’ll come back.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nyrh - You can follow these steps to create a new Free Plan team by creating a new Miro account with another email address, and then adding that Free Plan to your current Miro account profile:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/how-do-i-create-a-personal-team-account-3282

That’s what I did, but creating another account and giving myself free plan is just like being able to have myself a free team no ?
It’s not at all a good user experience to have these unecessary steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nyrh

That’s what I did, but creating another account and giving myself free plan is just like being able to have myself a free team no?

I can understand your frustration. However, from my experience over the years, Miro’s Free Plan appears to exist with one scenario in mind:

• anyone new to Miro, i.e., no account profile exists under their email address, can go to miro.com,
  • create an account,
  • and start using it for free.

There are a number of scenarios where that standard flow does not apply, for example:

I use it with other studio I work with and it works like a charm

Without knowing the details of how you came to have a Miro account and what type of plan the other studio has, a reasonable assumption could be that someone invited you to a board or team (if they would have just shared a link to a board using the Visitors/public access method, then you would not have needed a Miro account and could have signed up later at which time you would have created a Free Plan team).

It’s not at all a good user experience to have these unecessary steps.

The steps I outlined are merely a hack and not a part of MIro’s UX flow.

So, do you now have at least two teams/workspaces available to you from your Miro dashboard? (The other studio’s and your new Free Plan?)