Copy-Paste text from a powerpoint slide to a Miro card

• 9 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am new on Miro, and I am trying to copy paste text from a powerpoint slide to a Miro card into the description. Control-C / Control-V does not work. I know how to copy paste text as a note, but then, I still don’t get the text into my Miro card, where I need it.

Thanks for your help.

Björn 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Björn Weller - Are you able to paste any other, plain text into a Card description field? E.g., from Notepad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am out of town and only have my phone, so I am unable to test myself.

@Kiron Bondale - How about you? Perhaps this is the same as the visual notes panel issue:

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/note-section-is-not-accepting-to-paste-text-6091

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Björn Weller and @Robert Johnson -

I just did a very simple unit test in which I copied and pasted one line of text from a new MS PPT document to a single, standalone card in Miro using Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V. It worked fine. 

Can you provide more context @Björn Weller -

1. Are you using standalone cards or are they in a Kanban board object?
  2. Are the cards in a table/grid?
  3. Are there any special characters or non-text content in the source that you are copying from?
  4. What is your access configuration - in my case it is a Windows 10 laptop using Miro via Google Chrome

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks, @Kiron Bondale. I am able to copy-paste from PowerPoint 2108 build 14326.20384) 64-bit on Windows 10 into standalone cards and cards that are in a Kanban framework. While I can do this in the Miro desktop app, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, there is a significant delay when pasting from PowerPoint into a browser (around 2-4 seconds) while the desktop app is near instant. There is even a 1-2 second delay when pasting plain text (from Notepad) into Miro via a browser.

Hello All,

thanks for your answers. I think it was a browser problem. I solved it via Google Chrome. It is not working in Edge. Thanks.