Question

Copy & Paste Stickies does not copy & paste stickies

• 14 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I feel frustrated when I try to copy and paste stickies and I see only the text from the sticky instead. Sometimes it works and only 1% of the time. I have been asked on Twitter to clear cache etc. That hasn’t worked either. I have changed browsers also, same thing thing. 

Is there anything I can do to help make this experience better for me? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Seye Kuyinu - My first thought is that a browser extension is causing the issue.

I would suggest disabling all browser extensions and then testing

1. copying-pasting a group of sticky notes
  2. enable another browser extension
  3. repeating the above steps to see if the browser extension you last enabled is the culprit.

You could also see what is in your clipboard after copying stickies to it to see what it looks like.

For example, if I create these three stickies:

Then I copy them to my clipboard and then go to this site and paste/Ctrl/Cm-V:

https://evercoder.github.io/clipboard-inspector/ 

I see something like:

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I just did as you said. Here’s what I see below. By the way, I have no extensions on my browser:

By the way, here’s the sticky I tried copying: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Seye Kuyinu - What about if you try from another

1. browser
  2. computer
  3. network
  4. the Miro desktop app

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

From your screenshot, it looks like you are using Safari. I am not a Mac person, but after some Googling, I see maybe the “Universal Clipboard” feature is interfering with your clipboard contents?

I found these steps on how to disable/enable Universal Clipboard – you could try it?

https://www.macworld.com/article/834342/how-to-control-universal-clipboard.html

Hey @Robert Johnson, I want to thank you for the time you’ve spent helping me to solve this. It’s resolved now. I tried turning off Universal Clipboard. That didn’t work. That lead me going down the path of Apple’s Hand Off functionality. It later occurred to me that there was an app on my MacBook, Pure Paste, that touches clipboards on a systems level. 

Thanks so much for the support, Robert. 

For anyone who ever encounters this problem, you want to check every app that has access to your clipboard. It may not be limited to only browser extensions.

Good luck!