Answered

consultant plan - 2 members - invited by link who can edit - pricing?

I´ ve added two members with a link to my board. Both can edit the board. They weren´t asked to pay for a daypass. Ist that for free - or do I now have to pay for it? It will be a 3 Month learning-journey …. and if I / them would have to pay for editing, I would set up another board with different rights. 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 4 June 2021, 13:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mario Becker -

How have you shared the board with them? Did you explicitly add their e-mail addresses or did you just share it publicly and send them the link? When you look at the active users in the team, what do they show up as? Depending on the answers to the above questions they might either be:

1. An anonymous guest editor - no cost
  2. A day pass based user - you’ll pay per user per day
  3. A full edit access member of the team - you’ll pay per user per month or year depending on your billing setup

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale thank you so much for your reply! I only sent one invitation link to both. One participant already had her own account and was shown with her name and the other was shown as anonymous. Because I was so uncertain about the cost, we have deleted the board in the meantime and set up again. Now the two can comment - but no longer edit.

What would you advise me if I would like without additional costs that all can also edit on a board? If I understood correctly, just share the link with everyone, correct?

Mario 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mario Becker -

Yes, if you are on a paid plan, the only way to have users being able to edit a board within your account for free will be to share it using the anonymous guest editor access method (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Guest-Editors). You can password protect the board and change the password regularly to ensure only those who are authorized to access it will be able to do so. There are a few limitations of this access method but for most use cases, you should be fine. 

If the folks who are going to be editing the boards via this method create a (free) Miro account, log in with that account and then access your board using the URL you provided to them, they will show up with their names as opposed to the generic “Guest Drafter”, “Guest Engineer” type names which Miro automatically generates.

Kiron

@Mario Becker -

Yes, if you are on a paid plan, the only way to have users being able to edit a board within your account for free will be to share it using the anonymous guest editor access method (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Guest-Editors). You can password protect the board and change the password regularly to ensure only those who are authorized to access it will be able to do so. There are a few limitations of this access method but for most use cases, you should be fine. 

If the folks who are going to be editing the boards via this method create a (free) Miro account, log in with that account and then access your board using the URL you provided to them, they will show up with their names as opposed to the generic “Guest Drafter”, “Guest Engineer” type names which Miro automatically generates.

Kiron

Thank you so much :-)