Answered

Confused about the Day Pass and Anonymous Editor

• 25 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Guys, I need your help.

I have read several articles here on the board and some miro pricing explainer and I’m still confused about these two licences. So let me ask you a simple question:

How do I invite say 10 people to one particular board for just a few hours meeting and NOT have to pay for these people?

I’m on a Consultant Team (2 seats).

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 26 September 2020, 15:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dobry Bart -

The only way to NOT pay for them is to use the anonymous guest editor approach. However, you should note that there are a few limitations when using that methods of collaboration. Other than that, your cheapest option for single-day access would be to go with day passes.

Kiron

I was sure I gave Anonymous Guest Editor a try but at the end of the day it turned it was a Day Pass so I might done something wrong. I shared the board from the board itself. Is there a way to ensure i’m not issuing a day pass and rather invite 10 anonymous editors?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dobry Bart -

So long as you are using the Share option circle below and just provide them with the link, there should be no day pass usage. To be 100% safe, you could also turn off the day pass capability if you are a Company Admin - this can be done from the Billing page of the company settings.

Kiron

Thank you very much Kiron! I didn’t know we can turn the Day Pass option off. 

Anyway I have no idea how was it possible last week I run a workshop with 10 of my clients. They all were invited by SHARE button, joined, worked, I saw their names in Miro (so they were not anonymous) and then it turned I have no trace in my billing about them using day passes...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dobry Bart - If you the person using your Anonymous Guest Editor link has a Miro account and accesses the board using your Guest Editor link from a device where they are signed into their account, you will see whatever name they have used their Profile settings page. However, If that same person was to open a private/incognito browser window, they would show as “guest”.

One tip I like to share about Guest Editor links as the questions of “how do I open the this board in a Miro desktop/mobile app?” or “Is there any way to get to this board from my dashboard?” have come up a few times, is that, if the person accessing the board with the Guest Editor URL has a Miro account and is logged in, they can Star the board:

And then, from their Miro dashboard, the would click Starred:

And once you turn off public access (set Anyone with the link → No access), the board will disappear from their Starred boards.

@Robert Johnson that’s it! Thank you guys a million! That will do the trick.