Question

Colored Excel cells no longer paste as colored stickies

• 15 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,

About 4 months ago I was working on an affinity project in excel and was pleasantly surprised to discover that bulk pasting colored cells into Miro from Excel created stickies of comparable colors. This was awesome. 

However, this no longer seems to work. Copying from Excel and pasting into Miro gives me yellow stickies regardless of the colors in Excel. In contrast, this still works when copying from Sheets. For NDA reasons, I cannot use Google suite at my company.

Can someone confirm that bulk pasting colored stickies from Excel still/no longer creates colored stickies in Miro? Am I just not doing it right? Have I lost my mojo?

Thanks

//A

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anton Sirotin - There was a similar question about 8 months ago in this post.

I have never been able to carry over Excel cell colours to Miro Sticky Notes on a copy-paste - I just tried again from both the Excel desktop and web app - no go. However, this still works for me when pasting from Google Sheets to Miro.

I tested this in both Miro via Chrome, Edge v91, and the Miro desktop app.

I have attached my test xlsx file.

Hi Robert, yeah i read that post but it wasn’t relevant to Excel.

For weeks, I was pasting from Excel and getting colored stickies (about 4 months ago) so I know for a fact this used to be possible. This is no longer the case and wanted to check if people know what happened, since it appears Miro doesn't have a user support channel directly with their company.

Interested to see if anyone else knows what happened.

//A

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anton Sirotin - If you have a paid account, you can contact Miro via:

Leaning center → Get help → Support:

Even if you don’t have a paid account, you can still reach out to the support team - more info in the How to Contact Miro Support Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-Contact-Miro-Support

The support form is there too:

oh cool! I have a free account and didn’t find that page. I appreciate your help, man!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anton Sirotin - You’re welcome! If you reach out to them, if would be helpful if you were to pop back in and let us know what they told you - even a quick copy-and-paste would be great.

@Anton Sirotin - You’re welcome! If you reach out to them, if would be helpful if you were to pop back in and let us know what they told you - even a quick copy-and-paste would be great.

will do!

Any progress on this? Works from google sheets but not excel.