Skip to main content

Changing pages on an embedded pdf results in the "Summary of Changes" notification - is this intentional?

• 17 April 2022
  • 2 replies

If I embed a multi-page PDF on my board and a collaborator flips through it to view other pages, I get a notification (I believe it’s the “summary of changes” email) even though they haven’t actually changed anything.  

I’m not sure if that’s something that’s intentional, accidental, or shows that I’ve somehow misconfigured the PDF object or my own notification preferences.  I do want to get the summary of changes notification for “real” changes.  But I don’t want me or my collaborators to get notifications every day just because someone is ready the documents on the board.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joshua Hudner -

I’ve turned my notifications off so I can’t verify this right now, but it sounds like an unintended consequence of the standard updates notification capability. To confirm this, I’d recommend opening a Miro support request here as it feels like a bug which could be relatively easily resolved: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I tested this with a few accounts I have and am not getting notifications when user B flips through pages of a PDF on a board created by user A. Conditions of my test:

• Team Plan
  • Both users are member of the plan (User A is a Team Admin and User B is a Member).
  • User B has Edit access to the board.

@Joshua Hudner - What are your conditions?

Also, what does the Board history show?