• 6 August 2020
  • 5 replies

How do I change the name of a team?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Pete Indelicato From you Miro account dashboard,

1. click the team name settings icon:
    1. This will take you to the team Profile page. From here, just click in the Team name box, type your new name, and press enter:

Must be a permissions thing… I can’t change name…. ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Correct. At the bottom of your screenshot, you only have a Leave team button, so you only have Member status. In order to rename the team, you would need to have Team Admin status.

From that same screen, click on Active users and you will be able to see who is a Team Admin - they will be able to rename the team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I should also note that, even if you have created this team (you were at one time the Team Owner and first Team Admin), someone you invited to the team was at some point given Team Admin status (which may happen by default - I can’t remember), could then have changed your status to Member, at which point you can no longer rename or delete the team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Looking at your screenshot again, at the very top-left where it shows the team name of Sprint, I see there is a dropdown arrow, so you definitely have access to other teams. If there is another one that you know you created, if you switch to that one, at the bottom of the Team profile page, you should have two buttons: