Answered

Cards associated to multiple boards?

• 22 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Is is possible currently to assign a single card to multiple boards? For my context I have a Story Mapping board with all the project cards. To track a cards progress I would like to also associate it to a Kanban board, is this possible without duplicating the card?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 22 January 2021, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ben McManus - This is not currently possible.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ben McManus -

As a workaround, if you are using a simple three stage work board (e.g. To Do, In Progress, Done), why not do away with the work board and use your story map itself as a means of reflecting progress? Assign three different colors to the the status values (the original color would mean a work item which is not being worked on in the near term) and change the colors to reflect the different stages.

Of course, if you have a true Kanban board which is reflecting each transition of a work item (rather than a single In Progress column), this wouldn’t be doable without duplicating the cards.

Kiron

Thank you both for your replies