Cannot share Miro whiteboard in Google Meet any more

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Up till now I have been able to embed a Miro whiteboard in a Google Meet call and then share it to all participants. Suddenly this feature isn’t working. I choose “Embed board” then “Start Activity”. The Miro whiteboard appears in my Meet window, but the other participants on the call can’t see it. And the option to “share this screen” is now greyed out, saying “You’re not allowed to share your screen”. It used to prompt me to share it, but now won’t even allow it manually. Something in the way the Miro add-on works seems to have broken. See screenshot here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kUjx3gYaiowinckxOqB2sqWmnQDNDdZG/view?usp=sharing

Is anyone else having this problem?

3 replies

Hi @twinger,

Thank you for providing your feedback. 

Regrettably, we've had to temporarily disable the screen sharing feature due to a recent modification in Google Meet's functionality. Rest assured, we've already engaged with their team and they intend to revert this change by the end of the week. Once this rollback is complete, we'll promptly reinstate the functionality.

We genuinely appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We shall be eagerly waiting for the functionality to be activated again.

We are pleased to say that the Google Meet screen sharing functionality has since been re-enabled.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues - thanks!