Cannot delete arrow head

• 31 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi there, I have come across this issue a number of times now and I’m now at my wits end on what I do to resolve. I have an arrow head that I no longer require in the middle of my board and I just can’t seem to delete it. I can’t move it. I can’t change it’s colour. I can’t do anything. Is this a bug? 

Am using miro on both Chrome and Edge, Windows 11.

Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adam Thomas - Can you share a screenshot? The more the better, so we have context as to it’s location/surroundings (e.g., is it in a Table or a Frame?).

@Robert Johnson I am having the exact same problem. Not only can I not edit the arrow head I accidentally dropped on my flow chart—I can’t delete it either. I can’t even delete the text box it points to (Clicked CTA). I need to get rid of it so I can finish my project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson I am having the exact same problem. Not only can I not edit the arrow head I accidentally dropped on my flow chart—I can’t delete it either. I can’t even delete the text box it points to (Clicked CTA). I need to get rid of it so I can finish my project.

@Luz Angelica Navarro - What happens if you click-drag around both the text box and arrow/connection line to select them both:

You should then get a Filter option where you could try selecting just the connection line for deletion:

@Robert Johnson I am also having the same issue. There is a ‘delete’ option available both when selecting the arrow and using the filter option you selected, but it doesn’t delete.  I’m also unable to delete, or move the box it is linked to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lucy M - If you duplicate the board, does this issue exist on the new board?

These issues can be hard for the general Community to troubleshoot without

• knowing your set up (operating system, how you are accessing Miro - browser, desktop app, etc.)
  • what other objects the arrow(s) are connected to/near/on top of/grouped with/etc. - screenshots or screen recordings are very helpful.

Note: If you have a paid Miro subscription, you can report this to Miro support by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I seem to have resolved my problem with the arrow by refreshing the page

Refreshing the page worked for me as well!

I had the same issue and the page refresh worked for me too.