Answered

Cannot delete an orphaned line/connector

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have what appears to be an orphaned line/connector. Left or right clicks do not select it, nor does trying to lasso it.

This video shows the situation: (link) (https://i-leadonline.com/elearning/FoundationsOfAgile/downloads/Miro object can't be deleted.mp4)

I’m the board owner. When I unlock anything near it, it still doesn’t get selected. Any ideas of things to try?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 26 March 2024, 00:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AndyK - Thanks for including a video of the issue. Yes, this seems to be strange as, even if the line were locked, you should be able to select it to reveal 

A few things to try:

1. Move all of the other objects away from the line, i.e., isolate it. Once it is completely away from all other objects, try putting a frame around it. Even framed objects can be moved, so if you are able to do this, perhaps moving it will undo whatever is broken.
  2. Duplicate the entire board and see it is can be removed in the duplicate.

Those are very helpful ideas. I'll give them a try and let you know how it goes!

Interestingly, when I view the board from Chrome on my Android phone or from the Android app, the line does not show up. 🤔

When I duplicate the board on a browser from my laptop, it's still there. Weird, right?

This video, based on your advice, did the trick!

(click here)

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sounds like could have been a one-off browser caching issue. And thanks again for sharing the visuals – I wish everyone would do this 😀👍🙏