Can you make tables as a shape/template within a grid?

• 31 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trying to make a custom shape that would be easiest using a table/grid, but when I try to add it to another grid I get a message that this widget isn’t supported.  

I made this template using both shapes and tables. The table version is much nicer to work with, but I can’t use it in a grid which is annoying, and the shape option is a little tedious to work with.  I also found this in a template in Miroverse, but can’t figure out for the life of me how it was created.

where a context edit menu lets you add rows and columns, but not delete them, nor merge cells.

I’m guessing the shape method is my best bet for now, but was curious if any other ideas were out there.  thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Howard Shaw -

The bottom image looks like the old table object (pre-grid) which I’ve used in the past before the grid object was introduced. I don’t actually know where you can find that anymore - @Robert Johnson do you recall?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale - I honestly cannot remember now.

@Howard Shaw - Do you know which template that was from in the Miroverse?

@Robert Johnson sure do. This one here:

NEXT LEVEL Partners's Swim Lane Diagram with Data template | Miroverse

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This widget type is “mockup”:

I thought it may be available for creation trough the Wireframe library app, but I couldn’t find it there.

The good news is that you can copy-and-paste this table-like object from the template you shared into any Miro board and then continue to copy-paste (or Duplicate with Ctrl/Cmd+D) the object. Note: Miro will likely deprecate this object day, and without warning.

@farbodsaraf - Are you able to confirm the status of the this MOCKUP widget?