Answered

Can you duplicate a board WITHOUT copying the activity history?

• 11 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Trying to duplicate a board to use as a template but when I duplicate the board, ALL the activity/change history is duplicated as well, which isn’t appropriate for a template board. Any help?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 11 September 2020, 17:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@milehighsteven - I don’t think this is possible, but let’s wait to see if some of the other, even more experienced Miro-ers have any ideas.

I tried the following methods of copying board content and in all cases the activity history was still present:

• Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V all content from one board to another.
  • Duplicate the board.
  • Saved the board content as a Custom Template (both Personal and Shared with Team) and then used that new Custom Template in a new board.
  • Download board backup as .rtb and imported into a completely different plan type in a different Miro account profile.
    • Note:
      • Doing this removed the name, date, and time from the Activity history of when the objects were originally created - they all now shows the date/time of the .rtb restore/upload
      • However, the one Comment on the board still shows my name with the .rtb export date/time and that I created the Comment object, even thought I created the Comment weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I also tried restoring the .rtb board backup to the Miro account profile & team where I created it from and in both cases when I view the Activity history of the “Restored” board, it shows all objects being “added” by the person completing the restore with the data/time being the that of the restore. Even when the original board showed, for example, that I added and then edited a sticky, when the restore happens by someone else, it just shows that the sticky was added by the person who restored the backup.

Thank you @Robert Johnson. Restoring the .rtb to the original account profile is the current best path. While it still shows activity, it will only show activity associated with adding the objects that are on the current board. The main issue I was running into was that because we’ve duplicated this board a handful of times, we had activity items that were not appropriate to show certain groups, so this works good enough. Thank you!