can we copy board without issue?

• 27 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Manouska

My name is Selma and I am working as a project manager at Bank Julius Baer.

I created a new programme and I want to copy paste boards from one programme to the other. The reason to create a new programme was to restrict the access to only selected people in one of the programme with "sensitive" info and leave open the other one. Can we copy paste boards from one programme to the other? How does it work?

Thank you
Selma
Β 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@selmarodriguezΒ -

Assuming you are referring to the content within a board, then yes, you could either duplicate the board and delete the content in it which you don’t want, or you can copy & paste selected objects from one board to another.

Kiron

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

so generally you can copy boards or move boards (after making a duplicate in your case).

ELEGANT OPTIONS
Copying within a project:

• Go to the project view that shows all boards, click on the (...) of the board you want to duplicate, select DUPLICATE

Copying or moving between projects within a team:

• Go to the project view that shows all boards, click on the (...) of the board you want to duplicate, select MOVE
  • Duplicate as described above if you want to copy

It sounds, however, for what you need, to copy BETWEEN TEAMS (so you can keep audiences separate). In which case you duplicate as above, then follow this:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730093-How-to-move-a-board#:~:text=You%20can%20move%20a%20Miro,admin%20users%20and%20board%20owners

Β 

NASTY DIRTY OPTIONS:

So what you also can do is:

• Open the board, do a Select ALL, Copy
  • Create a new board in the new team/project, then do a paste

OR even nastier

• Go the to board, do DOWNLOAD BOARD BACKUP
  • Go to the new team IMPORT

Note: Miro is a bit convoluted with permissions. So if you cannot copy or do some of the above actions you may need to check with the superuser. There are permissions to prevent, sahring / copying at various levels (teams/project/board < I think).

Hope this helps