Can't see Anyone can edit option

• 15 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, I need to give edit access to my whiteboard but the ‘Can edit’ setting is not clickable in the ‘Anyone with the link’ option. Is this because of the plan I am on or do I need to do anything else to enable edit access to anyone with the link?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Slavina Dimitrova -

Yes, I’m assuming you are on the free plan so there is no ability to have visitors with edit access under that plan. However, you can directly invite as many folks as you to access the board since the free plan doesn’t limit the number of members of your team.

Kiron

Many thanks for your response, @Kiron Bondale. I did wonder if the free plan was the reason but couldn’t see any indication for this when sharing access, searching for articles with advice, etc. (unless I missed it). 

S

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Slavina Dimitrova - As @Kiron Bondale mentioned, only team members can edit boards in a Free Plan team.

From your screenshot, you already have the Team invite link option enabled on your for your Free Plan team (Team profile settings → Permissions → Invitation settings). With this enabled, you will see an additional option in your board Sharing settings which will allow you to send a link that will add the recipient to your team, therefore giving them edit access:

Just be careful when using this link as anyone who clicks on it will be added to your team. After your session with these users, you will want to

1. delete them from your team
  2. Change the Invite to team and board setting to No access - this will disable the invite link you previously sent. If you need to use this feature again, a new link will be generated, so the previously link you sent will never work again.

Thank you @Robert Johnson. Good to know.

In my case though, I need to make sure that people can access & edit the board without registering for a Miro account. Whereas, the ‘Invite to team and board’ link appears to ask for registration - as far as I can see from my tests. Or is there a way to invite people via the ‘Invite to team and board’ link without them having to register?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Slavina Dimitrova - Boards in a Free Plan can only be edited by a team members, and being a team member requires a registered Miro account profile, so you will not be able to accomplish your goal using a Free Plan. Allowing non-registers users to edit a Miro board requires Visitor access, which is only available on paid and Education Plans.

Just this past week Miro allows for single-license subscriptions for Team and Business Plans - something that the Consultant Plan already offered. You can either upgrade your current Free Plan team or create a new plan/subscription using the Add teams action:

While the lowest cost option is the Team Plan ($10 USD monthly/$8 annually), if you anticipate working with multiple clients and perhaps adding them as full team members for shorter periods of time, you may want to consider the Consultant Plan ($15 USD monthly/$12 annually). For now, though, the Team Plan will give you what you need.

More on Plans and Feature here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-features-available

Understood. Thanks @Robert Johnson