Question

Can I use video chat as a solo presenter?

• 2 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

If I want to invite viewers to a board for a presentation, can I use video chat without them using it, as well? They would not be talking, just observing so I do not want them to have the video/audio option. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jtk,

Thank you for sharing your use case! I’m afraid there’s no perfect solution, only if you just ask your collaborators to join the video chat, but not to enable their video and mic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@jtk 

If you combine

https://www.wonder.me/

together with miro it should work.

This is so incredible cool:

Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jtk

If you combine

https://www.wonder.me/

together with miro it should work.

This is so incredible cool:

Michael

That looks amazing! I am trying it now. How is this free?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@jtk 

As I have seen it in a German review it’s in a Beta-run. So at this time it’s free - I am wondering what the price is when it will be more in use … maybe it is open source like jitsi …

I do not know.

Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yeah, just tried it. On a call now. This is definitely beta. Very awkward while trying to join circles. Little control over the icon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, but a Professor of a University has tried it with his students and pushed it to it’s limits 

#Wonder (#Yotribe) at #ESE2020 - YouTube

Works best with Chrome

Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, but a Professor of a University has tried it with his students and pushed it to it’s limits 

#Wonder (#Yotribe) at #ESE2020 - YouTube

Works best with Chrome

Michael

It looks like it has promise. I love the idea of the circles. But moving the circle was hilarious. It was like I had to physical assault the person I was trying to connect to. Or I would miss them altogether. I hope it develops quickly. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @jtk,

Thank you for sharing your use case! I’m afraid there’s no perfect solution, only if you just ask your collaborators to join the video chat, but not to enable their video and mic.

Maybe Miro can “borrow” some of Wonder’s ideas. I would love to stay in Miro for meetings. Thanks for replying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@jtk 

In this video it describes perfect how you can “breakout” of the circles and use the familiar design:

For me it looks interesting that i can start with the whole group in a meeting-room where everyone can be and then I invite my participants with the circles

Michael