Skip to main content

Hi, I’ve got a question and I need HELP from SUPPORT ASSISTANT. PLEASE, help me figure it out.
As far as all russian accounts will be banned soon, is it possible to save all my courses, having created a paid account in Spain (with Spanish IP and payment)?
If I copy everything that I have now to this new accounts, will I be able to use it for classes with students from Russia (if they have russian ip)?
Will I be able to import everything to the russian platform later?

Guys, help me, please. I’m completely lost, I can’t even find the support chat. Have only found this community...

Hi @OlesyaB 

First, I don’t know. Probably it would be nice if Miro could prepare a FAQ about this topic.

But I can mention this: I was working with Miro here in Switzerland with an Iranian student, and we both had Swiss Miro accounts. When he travelled back to Iran, he could not start Miro e.g. he got an informative error message that Miro was blocked in his country. This means, his Swiss account was ok, but accessing the service (via the IP) did not work.

Interestingly, we were also using Microsoft MS Teams - so we could continue to collaborate. And that always made me wonder how companies decide whether or not to adhere to certain compliance requirements.

Hope this helps - but probably NOT the answer you wanted to hear.

PS. Regarding copying . . . I also cannot answer that. But I did want to remind you that you can export boards as RTB files and then import them later into a different account. So you might want to try that.

Cheers, Ken

Hi @OlesyaB Thank you for reaching out about this issue. I’ve gone ahead and created a support ticket for you so our team can take a better look at the details of your specific account. Please feel free to contact our support team directly If you continue to have any issues!