Can I set a preferred navigation mode for those viewing?

• 8 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

If I am conducting a meeting, most people will be joining the meeting on a device with a mouse. Can I set Miro to where the first choice of navigation is “mouse”?

Miro changed desktop PC to trackpad navigation for a client that is not computer savvy. I needed to teach them how to participate using a mouse. 

In this case, I was trying to give a quick presentation but we spent too much time (any is too much) on navigation. If I could set a navigation default, that would alleviate potential meeting-killer moments. Luckily I did not have the main client today. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - Unfortunately you cannot set a board’s navigation default. My Laptop has a mouse, trackpad, and touchscreen and Miro wants to default it to touchscreen every I load a board in a browser where I have not yet set my preference.

This is one of the items I as the board owner would like to be configure in this wish list item:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/configure-board-defaults-2675

You can definitely post create your own Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.