Question

[Bug?] Unable to view a shared board as a visitor without signing in Miro

Hi everyone, I have an urgent question to ask you.

I used to be able to view the whiteboard shared by others even without sign in.
But now, I can't do it.
After a new version release, I can't see the shared content.

If you don’t sing in Miro or using the incognito window to view, you will not see the shared board.
I'm having a lot of trouble with this.
I'm a product manager and I use Miro a lot for business and project content.
I often need to share links for others to see.
Previously, visitors did not need to sign in or register with Miro to view it.
But now this problem will change my habit.
They can't see the content I shared again.

I want to ask whether you have encountered the same problem, and how to solve it ?

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jim's miro -

I’m assuming the board is shared with the “Anyone with the link” option set to “Can edit”?

If so, have you tried clearing your browser history & cache and then stopping and restarting your browser?

I ran a course last week with a board shared in this manner and my learners had no issues with accessing it without having to set up a Miro user account.

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Jim's miro,

Based on your description, it sounds like you've encountered the issue discussed here: [POSSIBLE BUG] "Anyone can view without sign up" link on Free plan is NOT working. If my assumption is correct, our team is already working on it, and we'll be sure to update the linked thread once the fix is released.

At the same time, the screenshot you shared doesn't show any issues other than the board not being fully loaded. It's by design that all tools except the hand will be grayed out when the viewer access is enabled. So if the issue you're experiencing is with something else, please share some additional details in this thread, and we'll be happy to look into it for you!