Answered

Browser page within miro

• 6 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to add web pages as a frame or objects and interacting with the page directly within miro? Not clicking on the link and opening in a new window.

That will be super useful to have multiple web pages accessible and editable within a single board.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 7 January 2021, 03:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jean-Francois Tremblay - Miro does have an option for embedding iFrame code. However, there are few things to note with this:

• The embed experience is going to vary from site-to-site. See the Embedding Media to Boards Help Center article for more information.
  • Not every website will allow for this as the developer of the site could have added code to block the site from being loaded in an iFrame. If a site will not load for you in a Miro board, you will need to contact the owner of the website - this is not something Miro Support will be able to assist you with.

As an example, I took some basic iFrame HTML and added google.com:

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="https://www.google.com" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here’s what happens when I add it to a board:

NOTE: When I open the iFrame, no other participants on the board would see this happening.

Awesome thanks Robert! Is there a way to not have the window pop up and editing it within the frame?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jean-Francois Tremblay - Unfortunately not. I suspect this was an intentional design decision as the source, i.e., website, is external and having it open in a modal window is a way to reflect that and open that specific instance to the user who clicked it.